Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Speedy Recovery Mark!


Hey gang! I made this card yesterday for my colleague, Mark, who is also my educator's assistant. This past Friday, he was playing soccer outside with my students, fell in a rut/hole and he really sprained his ankle to the point where his tendons were severely stretched-not snapped, thankfully. I had to rush him to the ER and everything, as I was acting principal. Oh the drama, as I had to rush my nephew the day before for stitches! I may have missed my calling as a paramedic! LOL! He's off work for the next 3 weeks and I'm going to go insane without his help in my Math classes, as he works with my more needy students!
Before he started working as an E.A., he was a bush pilot. He still loves to fly, so I thought he might like this card. The image is Pilot Luka, from Lalaland Crafts. I colored him using Copics and Prisma pencils. My sister thinks it looks too babyish. I think he'll appreciate it though. If he doesn't- not my problem-it's the thought, right? I'm entering the following challenges: Craft Your Passion (What a Guy), The Stamping Boutique (Red White and Blue), Stamping Scrapping Central (Masculine), Sweet Stamps (Masculine) and Simon Says Stamp (Father's Day/Male Card). Hope u like! xox Trisha

13 comments:

  1. I really enjoy the detail of this card and thank you so much for sharing that story and for sharing your creation with Simon Says Stamp!

    Thank you!
    :) Fran

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG so cute, the perfect papers, and the colouring looks so good, he is going to love it! Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute image! I like how you colored him too :)

    Thanks for entering the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!!!

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. That sounds painful, I hope he recovers really quickly & gets back to helping you!!
    This card sounds perfect for him hun, I just love it!

    Thank you for sharing with us at Craft Your Passion, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a stunning card Trisha!
    Hugs Kristel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Trisha, gorgeous card I love the colouring and colour scheme, fabulous! Thank you for joining in at Sweet Stamps this week
    Hugs
    Tamara
    PS if you are interested I have some blog candy to give away on my blog Click here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this card is amazing and sure to put a smile on anyones face!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute card - love the image and your background DP. Thanks for sharing with us at The Stamping Boutique.

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous card trisha, very cute
    thanks for joining the TSB challenge this week
    hugs
    Miranda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card Trisha ;-) I am sure he really appreciated this :-) the image is fab and your colouring and design are fantastic !! :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
    luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  11. salut Trisha, j'adore cette carte, elle est vraiment adorable, un vrai bonheur, biz

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh this is absolutely adorable!! Beautiful coloring and fab layout! Love the add to touch to the fur on his hat. Thanks for sharing and playing along with us at Sweet Stamps

    ReplyDelete
  13. This card is so cute, perfect papers to compliment that FABULOUSLY colored image! Thanks for joining the challenge at TSB!

    Hugs,
    Tracey & Christy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails